Thursday, September 24, 2009

Help With the Tagline

I'm looking for help in deciding the wording and order of the tagline you see in the Letters & Journals image to the right. Currently it reads:

Mail Art
Journals
Blogs
Handwritten Letters
Postcards
Notebooks
Diaries

Although there may may be an occasional feature on Mail Art, I don't think there will be a regular dept, so I'm thinking I will shorten that to Mail.

I also wonder if I should change Handwritten Letters to either Letters or else Correspondence?

And what do you think of the words Pen & Ink?

I am leaning towards the following. What do you think or suggest?

Pen & Ink
Letters
Mail
Postcards
Diaries
Notebooks
Journals
Blogs

Thanks for your help! Please forward this on to any you think may have an opinion.

5 comments:

  1. I really like to be an opinion of many and right now I am so totally blank right now , which I must say does not happen too often . thanks for sharing and posting a great blog .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Paper and Ink? Paper involves a lot of things, the letter, the journals,... and Ink.

    I just came across your blog now, and I am happy I found a new blog dedicated to letter writing ^^

    Love,
    Joana

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all the image for Letters and Journals looks very beautiful!

    "Mail Art" is such a lovely thing, that I would like you to keep it as a part of the tagline. You could still have separately both "Letters" and "Postcards". If I should be the one to decide the order in tagline I would at the moment say "Pen & Ink", "Letters", "Postcards", "Mail Art", "Diaries", "Journals", Notebooks", "Blogs". - This is my opinion until you present a new suggestion! :)

    It's sad, that your magazine will be just national, because I'm already waiting for it to be published! I hope a way will be found to get it for extra price to Finland also.

    By the way, I was so happy to get you as a follower in my blog!

    Best regards from snowy Finland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second thoughts: After thinking more what ecologic storyteller suggested, I started to want "Paper" into the tagline as well. The are so many different kind of beautiful papers in the world, that it would be nice to read articles of them also. I still would like to keep the "Ink" also, so to avoid too long tagline I would leave "Diaries" away, because isn't it after all more or less the same as "Journal"? So my latest opinion is: "Pen & Ink", "Paper", "Letters", "Postcards", "Mail Art", "Journals", Notebooks", "Blogs". - And if this is still too long, and you think Mail Art is a too narrow area, so may be I could live also with "Mail" only. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like 'handwritten letters'

    great blog by the way! Come visit mine if you'd like.

    writebeforeyoureyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete